Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 2: No Fast Food

Week 1 Recap: 30 Minutes of Activity A Day

Week 1 was a success! I did a mixture of running on the elliptical and weight lifting, as well as mixing in situps and pushups. Since the first of the year landed on a Wednesday, I unfortunately had to cut the week short to get all of the other weeks onto a regular Sunday schedule. I will continue to add activity into my day as much as possible, although this -40 degree crap needs to stop so I can do something outside! As mentioned before, January is health centered, so I will now be transitioning into a week full of no fast food!


Week 2: No Fast Food

Some people might be thinking "no fast food, that's easy!" Well, not for all of us! I have already deduced that my taste buds are extremely unrefined (I willingly buy Ramen noodles because I think they taste great), mix in my procrastinating personality, and I find myself getting way too many meals through windows. Easy meals are a total weakness of mine. I despise cooking, it just seems like so much effort to put into something and then 5 minutes later you've eaten it all! I do recognize that fast food is, for the most part, awful for my health. The problem is... I can't seem to stop myself! What truly needs to happen is I need to find a woman who loves to cook - this would easily be the best thing to happen to me.

I started this week on Sunday. I also realized Sunday afternoon that I have no food :(, and then I realized that it's -20 wind chill... crap. I was debating with myself "does Jimmy John's really count as fast food, I mean, sure they're freaky fast, but it's healthy-ish!" I just really didn't want to go outside! Eventually I buttoned up and braved the cold to make a trip to the grocery store - I really didn't want to fail my challenge on Day 1 of Week 2. Once I'm in the store I enjoy picking out food, but until that point I despise the errand. Keep in mind, this week isn't about eating like the healthiest person, but I ATTEMPTED to pick items to create balanced meals - the pizza rolls, corn dogs, and ice cream beg to differ, but I digress...

In previous weight loss attempts, I've jumped head first into eating healthy. After many failed attempts, I've come to the realization that this technique doesn't last long term for me. The goal of this week is to help transition into a healthier mindset, and over time transform my whole diet into making better choices. Still, staying away from fast food should help decrease my caloric intake and put me on the path towards a healthier me in 2014! If you have any easy recipes, feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment